Our Privacy Pledge
Data Collection & Usage
1. Personal Data You Provide:
We may collect and use the following personal data provided by you:
• Contact Information: This includes your first name, last name, and email address.
• Profile Details: This includes your username, password, preferences, and other information you provide for your profile.
• Communication Data: Information provided by you when you get in touch with us with queries, feedback, or any online correspondence.
• User-Generated Content: Any text, images, audio, and video you upload to the Service, along with associated metadata.
• Marketing Data: Your preferences for receiving marketing communications and your interaction with them.
• Transaction Data: Details of your credit card or other payment methods used to pay for the Service, and your billing information and transaction history.
2. Data from Third-Party Sources:
We may merge personal information we receive from you with data we obtain from third-party sources such as data providers, business partners, including joint marketing partners and event or contest co-sponsors, and other public sources like our social media platforms.
3. Automatically Collected Data:
We, along with our service providers and business partners, may automatically record specific information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our Site and other online services:
• Device Data: Information about your device’s operating system type, version number, manufacturer, model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, and general location information.
• Usage Data: The website you visited before navigating to our Site, pages or screens you viewed, duration spent on a page or screen, navigation paths, activity details, access times, and duration of access.
• Precise Geolocation Data: Precise location data when you authorize our App to access your location.
When registering for the newsletter, the FDComm will use your e-mail address for advertising purposes until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. The following consent has been expressly granted to FDComm and FDComm have logged these. Under the CAN-SPAM Act, FDComm is required to have the content of their consent available for retrieval at any time. Your e-mail address will not be shared with third parties, and you may revoke your consent to use your e-mail address for promotional purposes at any time with future effect. The deregistration of the newsletter can be done at any time either by a message to the contact option described below or via a dedicated link in the newsletter.
5. Customer service
To answer your questions, process your inquiries or resolve them, it is sometimes necessary to ask for personal information such as name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. FDComm can use this information to answer your questions or to contact you by mail, e-mail or phone.
If you request a service or upload data to this site, the FDComm may need to contact you to obtain additional information needed to process or execute your request. However, the FDComm will not disclose such information to third parties without your permission, except as required by law or to the extent necessary for the execution and processing of your requests or for your assistance.
6. Google Analytics
7. Google Analytics for Remarketing
The Google Analytics tracking code implemented on this site has been enhanced with Remarketing for Google Display Advertising, a service that analyzes user behaviour across the Google Display Network. Hereby, cookies (e.g. Google AdWords cookie) document your previous visits to third-party websites whose providers have joined the Google Display Network and our websites. Our AdWords ads use these analytics to serve as search queries on Google Network sites, and can be more targeted, optimized, and promoted through ad settings. Through the analysis of third-party cookies (e.g. AdWords cookies) we are able to better tailor our online advertising campaigns to you and your interests. In particular, Google will use this information to provide display advertising features such as remarketing, Google Display Network impressions reports, or Google Analytics demographics and interest reports. Google will also transfer this information to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
This website uses the following Google AdWords features:
• interest categories and categorization by demographic characteristics (e.g., age, gender)
• similar audiences
• other types of interest-based advertising
We use these Google Adwords features to redirect visitors to this site from third-party websites or Internet users with specific interest profiles based on their internet usage. We do not collect personally identifiable information with our cookies, remarketing lists or other anonymous IDs.
8. Conversion measurement with the Facebook pixel
Sensitive Personal Information
How We Use Your Personal Information
We employ your personal information for the reasons listed below or as otherwise communicated to you at the time of collection:
Service Delivery. We apply your personal information to:
• Facilitate, administer, enhance, and refine the Service;
• Engage with you about the Service, encompassing dispatching Service announcements, technical bulletins, updates, security warnings, and support and administrative messages;
• Process your Service transactions and any related payments;
• Grasp your viewpoints, needs, and interests, and customize your Service experience accordingly; and
• Furnish support for the Service and reply to your requests, queries, and feedback.
Research and Development. Your personal information may be used for research and developmental purposes, including improving the Service and our business, and developing additional products and services. In this process, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from the personal information we collect. This anonymization is done by eliminating information that personally identifies you. This anonymous data can be utilized and shared with third parties for any legal purpose, including improving the Service and promoting our business.
Marketing. Both we and our third-party advertising associates may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising:
Direct Marketing. If you request information from us, utilize the Service or participate in our surveys, promotions, or events, we may send you our brand-related marketing communications as permitted by law, while offering you the ability to opt out.
Compliance and Protection. Your personal information may be used to:
• Safeguard our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
• Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
• Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
• Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
• Other Purposes with Your Consent. We may sometimes ask for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information for other purposes. For instance, we may ask for your consent to send you marketing emails where required by law or to post your testimonial.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Our Partners. Depending on your usage of the Service, we may share your personal information with business partners with whom we jointly offer a service or feature.
Service Providers. We may collaborate with companies and individuals to facilitate the Service on our behalf or to help us operate the Service or our business. These entities are allowed to use your personal information only to help us operate the Service or our business as authorized under our contracts with them.
Other Users of the Service and the Public. We may enable functionality that allows you to disclose personal information to other users of the Service or to the public. We may make available settings through your registration profile that enable you to exercise choice regarding certain information that is displayed publicly or to other users.
Review or Amend Your Information. You can review, amend, correct, or delete the personal information in your registration profile by logging into your account or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribe from Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from marketing-related emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email. However, you will continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Testimonials. If you’ve given us consent to post a testimonial on our site but want to amend or delete it, please get in touch with us.
Cookies. Most browsers provide the option to remove and/or reject cookies from the websites you visit. Follow the instructions in your browser’s settings to do this. If you reject cookies, it might impact the functionality of the Service and our Site may not work correctly.
Advertising Choices. You can limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
• Browser Settings: Blocking third-party cookies in your browser settings using ad-blocking plugins/extensions.
• Mobile Device Settings: Limiting the use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising.
• Platform Settings: Using Google’s and Facebook’s interest-based advertising opt-out features, accessible at: Google: https://adssettings.google.com/ and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads.
• Ad Industry Tools: Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in industry opt-out programs. Visit the Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and the Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
• The opt-out preferences should be set on each device. Not all companies serving interest-based ads participate in these opt-out programs, so you may still receive some cookies and interest-based ads from other companies even after opting out.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers can be set to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to Provide Your Personal Information. If you choose not to provide certain information marked as required or necessary within the Service, that portion or all of the Service may not be available to you, and we may deactivate your account.
Your personal information’s security is paramount to us. We take organizational, technical, and physical measures designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your information.
International Data Transfers
Flying Dance Community, headquartered in Canada, employs service providers in other countries. Your personal information may be collected, used, and stored in the Canada or other locations outside of Canada. The privacy laws in these locations may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country.
Third-Party Sites and Services
The Service may link to third-party websites and services, including social media platforms, advertising services, and other websites and applications. We don’t control these third-party websites, applications, or services, and aren’t responsible for their actions. We recommend reading their privacy policies to learn more.
The Service is not intended for, and Flying Dance Community doesn’t knowingly collect or receive personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a registered user of the Service is under 13, we will endeavor to delete that person’s personal information and restrict them from future access to the Service.
Flying Dance Community, Inc.
16 Wyndham Street North. Unit #3
Guelph, Ontario, N1H 4E5
Want to make a difference in your community?
Through your kindness today, new and returning members of the FDComm dance community will have many more opportunities to kick off their shoes and dance their stress away. Dancing is a great way to stay in good health and create friendships that will last a lifetime.
Join us today and donate toward our local events and volunteer support. Thank you very much, from the bottom of our hearts.